OPGW cables are typically custom designed to best match the optical, electrical, mechanical, quality and cost requirements of each individual project. This includes optimizing diameter, weight, breaking load and short circuit capacity. However, some “standard” designs are presented here for reference. The optical core is made of optical fibers covered by one or more loose buffer tubes that leave the fibers free from strain even at highest operating loads.
OPGW Cable Characteristic
Good mechanical and temperature performance
High strength loose tube that is hydrolysis resistant
Special tube filling compound ensure a critical protection of fiber
Specially designed compact structure is good at preventing loose tube from shrinking
Crush resistance and flexibility
Steel wire used as the central strength member
loose tube filling compound100% cable core filling
PSP enhancing moisture-proof
OPGW Cable Application
Optical fiber composite ground wire [OPGW] is suitable for installation on new power lines with double function of ground wire and
communication. Especially for installation on normal voitage and extra high voltage power lines. OPGW can replace conventional
ground wire of old power line with increasing fiber communication function. They conduct short circuit current and provide
OPGW Cable Features
1. Up to 144 fibers
2. Cable diameter and weight approximate with another ground wire. Less additional load to tower, high tensile strength.
3. Excellent stainless steel tube stranding technology make the fibers have good secondary excess length and allow the fibers free
movement in the tube. Which keeps the fiber stress-free while the cable is subjected to longitudinal stress.
4. Optical fibers are protected by stainless steel tubes.
5. Excellent security, good bullet resist performance.
6. ACSW, AAW and SST stranded design provide wide range combination of electrical conductivity and mechanical tensile strength.